collatz

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
nick
Active UBT Contributor 1+ yr

collatz

Post by nick »

anyone else having 100% fail with collatz? all my gtx 750ti's fail after 2secs of running a task. they run all the other gpu tasks fine all have the latest driver as of 2 days ago been doing it since i got them
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Re: collatz

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Don't often do Collatz anymore as they tend to slow down my old system. Just tried one now and it seemed to run normally. I let it run for a few mins but I aborted it due to excess slowing of system which was as expected.

Mike
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

Hi Nick,

I had exactly the same problem to begin with then I installed the Visual Studio 2012 C++ runtime that was mentioned on the front page.

As I'd trashed so many files previously, it took a couple of days before Collatz would give me any more work but it's worked perfectly for the past couple of days.

Regards,

Mark
nick

Post by nick »

Woodles wrote:
I installed the Visual Studio 2012 C++ runtime that was mentioned on the front page.

Regards,

Mark
that fixed it ty
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

I don't now why they can't include all the necessary files in the project download?

At least you're back crunching now :D
nick

Post by nick »

Woodles wrote:I don't now why they can't include all the necessary files in the project download?

At least you're back crunching now :D
yeah 3 more cards on it should get close to 3 mil a day
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

That'll be good.

At present rates, we should overtake Boincstats in 19 days in Formula Boinc :)
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

Hi Nick,

Have you seen this thread, https://boinc.thesonntags.com/collatz/f ... hp?id=1273, by looking through the top hosts, finding one with the same GPU and copying their setup, I increased my daily credits by an extra 40% :)

Regards,

Mark
nick

Post by nick »

Woodles wrote: I increased my daily credits by an extra 40% :)
wow that is a huge gain there is allot of advanced talk in that thread when a get a few hours spare i will definitely read the whole thing. my 270x spits them out quick i thought my 750ti sc's could probably need tweaking.