Gridcoin Finance Server

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
Torn Jacketson

Gridcoin Finance Server

Post by Torn Jacketson »

Hi,

Is everyone having issues uploading completed WU's to Gridcoin Finance?? My system has been trying for days to upload completed WU's and it is failing with:

[error] Error reported by file upload server: can't open file /home/boincadm/projects/finance/upl...
Temporarily failed upload of worker_1464407647_25699_0_0: transient upload error

Like I say I have a couple doing this (only Gridcoin Finance), and both WU's have now passed their deadlines (yesterday), so I will probably lose the credits for these even though they were done days before the deadline.

Is this something that has got screwed on my machine or is the target server having problems?

Steve
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Re: Gridcoin Finance Server

Post by UBT - Mikee »

I had one that was failing to upload. I cancelled it and when I looked at the results it showed that it had uploaded but failed to validate as it was too late. Probably a server fault.

Mike
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

Torn Jacketson

Post by Torn Jacketson »

I have now aborted the transfers and we will see how it goes.

Thx
Steve
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Seems like Gridcoin has gone down - maybe due to lack of maintainance. There's been no stats exports since May 28th, members have been complaining about the lack of communication from the admins, WUs are been completed but there's been errors in uploading/validating. I've just had a quick peek at other participants from the top 10 - there's only 2 computers with anything listed - the others are hidden or have no current WUs.

I've got 1 WU running now - if it fails to upload/validate, I'll rest the project for a while.

Mike
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

Torn Jacketson

Post by Torn Jacketson »

Every WU I have completed since my post has failed to upload so I have set to no new tasks. If you go to the Gridcoin homepage is shows that the Upload/Download server is disabled. I have another WU that is failing to upload, and it expires tomorrow at 3pm. I have processed maybe a dozen WU's now for nothing ... frustrating.

What amazes me is that although the Upload/Download server shows as disabled, it is issuing WU's, just not accepting then back again. I am not processing anything for Gridcoin now until they get their act sorted.

Steve