Gridcoin

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
nick
Active UBT Contributor 1+ yr

Gridcoin

Post by nick »

has anyone tried this out? I just downloaded and installed it and ill beta is not one has tried this yet.

if you have tried it thoughts?
nick

Re: Gridcoin

Post by nick »

never mind they make you leave your team
UBT - Chris
Active UBT Contributor 5+ yrs

Post by UBT - Chris »

It's a bit of a con really - making you leave your current team and all - great idea, but the reason I'm not doing it is that I'm happy here at UBT...

Chris
'UBT - Chris' is my old name - I now crunch as 'CaffeinatedSloth' but I'm still 100% UBT :D
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

nick wrote:never mind they make you leave your team
Hi Chris

The Gridcoin "team" have a strange "business" model - they pay you to crunch on BOINC...though it is only in Gridcoin...which isn't exactly the same as pounds or dollars... 1 GRC = $ 0.016488.

And it seems a lot of people have joined their team, such that it is rapidly moving up the BOINC stats tables...and it's membership is growing significantly too. They are already 8th in the world and have over 6,000 members - their growth has been significant and they are generating over 7 billion credits a day - though most of that is on BU....95+% of their credits are from BU alone...

Strange thing is that they spell "Berkeley" incorrectly on their home page - they spell it "Berkley" :(

regards
Tim
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Chris wrote:It's a bit of a con really - making you leave your current team and all - great idea, but the reason I'm not doing it is that I'm happy here at UBT...

Chris
:text-bravo: :handgestures-thumbup:
nick

Post by nick »

UBT - Chris wrote:It's a bit of a con really - making you leave your current team and all - great idea, but the reason I'm not doing it is that I'm happy here at UBT...

Chris
dude all your points are gone
UBT - Chris
Active UBT Contributor 5+ yrs

Post by UBT - Chris »

Hi nick,

My points haven't actually gone - I've had a problem where my CPID (Cross-Project ID) splits, meaning that most of my credits are registered with one account of mine and the other few are registered with another one - I'm working to fix it though :D
'UBT - Chris' is my old name - I now crunch as 'CaffeinatedSloth' but I'm still 100% UBT :D