Split CPID

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
UBT - Chris
Active UBT Contributor 5+ yrs

Split CPID

Post by UBT - Chris »

Hi all,

I've just noticed that my CPID is the same on all projects except PrimeGrid - is there a way to fix this?

Thanks,
Chris
'UBT - Chris' is my old name - I now crunch as 'CaffeinatedSloth' but I'm still 100% UBT :D
nick
Active UBT Contributor 1+ yr

Re: Split CPID

Post by nick »

do you use BAM? if so just go to https://boincstats.com/en/bam/signup/ down the project list to the missing one and then click find account if you used the same email it will link it
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Chris wrote:Hi all,

I've just noticed that my CPID is the same on all projects except PrimeGrid - is there a way to fix this?

Thanks,
Chris
Hi Chris

It's important that you use the SAME email address for all projects - assuming that is the case, then you can either wait and let the project "catch up" once the various "back office" database functions occur. Or you can try and force it...though there's no easy way to do this (AFAIK).

Downloading a few tasks from PrimeGrid might help...as then the project will see your account as being "active"....so it's more likely to align your account and match up your CPID.

regards
Tim
UBT - Chris

Post by UBT - Chris »

Well, it's kind of sorted itself out, but now my "active" projects have switched across to that CPID and my other ones are on a separate one, making me look like I barely have any credit on one of them :/

Chris
'UBT - Chris' is my old name - I now crunch as 'CaffeinatedSloth' but I'm still 100% UBT :D
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Chris wrote:Well, it's kind of sorted itself out, but now my "active" projects have switched across to that CPID and my other ones are on a separate one, making me look like I barely have any credit on one of them :/

Chris
Hi Chris,

That's to be expected. Give it a couple of days and the rest will (probably) move over to the same CPID.

The only ones that might not is if a project website is "down" or the project has closed and hence there's no database info from that project to update.

regards
Tim
UBT - Chris

Post by UBT - Chris »

Thanks, Tim :D

I'll let you know how it turns out :D

Chris