Cross Project ID

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
hgblade

Cross Project ID

Post by hgblade »

I know this questions has been asked (and answered) before - but I can't locate the last occasion.

Somehow my cross project ID for Primegrid has changed to a different ID for everything else :teeth: . How do I go about rectifying this?

Thanks!
Janos
Honorary UBT member

Re: Cross Project ID

Post by Janos »

The easy way is to run the same project all the time on all your devices. A project like wuprop is ideal for this as it runs in the background. If you do this your cpid should sort itself in a day or so.
"Happiness can be defined as: a geek with non-work related code to write, no distractions and no deadline." - Janos
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi,

It's also a good idea to ensure you use the exact same email address for each project you sign up to. Then give it a while for the various projects to catch up and sync the ID's and you're good.

regards
Tim
hgblade

Post by hgblade »

Thanks for the comments guys. I've just realised that the fault has occurred since my main computer had a hard drive failure, which of course then meant reinstalling windows, etc. Since then I've only run Primegrid on it, but I'll try Janos's suggestion and maybe run a couple of other projects I've previously run and see if that does the trick. I've only ever used the one email address, Tim, so I don't think that's behind it.
Keith
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

hgblade wrote:Thanks for the comments guys. I've just realised that the fault has occurred since my main computer had a hard drive failure, which of course then meant reinstalling windows, etc. Since then I've only run Primegrid on it, but I'll try Janos's suggestion and maybe run a couple of other projects I've previously run and see if that does the trick. I've only ever used the one email address, Tim, so I don't think that's behind it.
Keith
Hi Keith,

Ok - just checking :)

When you re-installed Windoze, then if you restarted on PrimeGrid, then the project would recognise it as a new PC and assign a new "computer number" on that project to it....though, it should have aligned the ID's after a while...

Maybe if you can run the same project on a different PC (that had run the project before and hence the project would recognise it), it might help ?

regards
Tim
hgblade

Post by hgblade »

UBT - Timbo wrote:Maybe if you can run the same project on a different PC (that had run the project before and hence the project would recognise it), it might help ?

regards
Tim
Now you've mentioned it Tim, it does run on another machine, and had been doing before the main machine failed and required re-installing. Maybe it's that one that was the culprit - although that one has also run Rosetta without changing the ID. I'll try another project today and keep an eye on what happens.

Thanks
Keith