WOW event 2015

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

WOW event 2015

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Just received this from SETI.Germany

SETI.Germany invites all BOINC teams to the SETI@Home Wow!-Event 2015. It takes place from Thu 15th August, 16.00 UTC, until Thu 29th August 2015, 16.00 UTC.

We cordially ask all team leaders to forward the invitation to their team. Information about the Wow! Race 2015, an exciting race concept and a registration form can be found here:
http://www.seti-germany.de/Wow/anmeldung.php?&lang=en

SETI.Germany wishes you and your team members much fun with the Wow! Event 2015.

Many Greatings: Terminator

It's a few years since we last had a concerted effort at this event so maybe it's about time we had another go?

Mike
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the heads-up.

So, shall we all sign up for one specific WOW Team....?

(The WOW teams are named after the signs of the Zodiac).

regards
Tim
Francis McDermott
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by Francis McDermott »

I'm up for this.

If someone can decide on a team (Tim?) then we can jump aboard  :)
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

Francis McDermott wrote:If someone can decide on a team (Tim?) then we can jump aboard  :)
Sounds good to me, I suggest we join whatever team Ste\/e is in :D

Mark
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Woodles wrote:Sounds good to me, I suggest we join whatever team Ste\/e is in :D

Mark
Hi Mark,

The WOW event only relates to the accumulation of SETI@home credits...so, unless Ste\/e starts crunching some big numbers on that project, then it's not going to help.

The current BOINCstats show the following in terms of current daily credits...(it might not be the same when the event starts !!):

http://boincstats.com/en/stats/0/user/list/12/0/0

BUT, the trouble is that unless someone actually says which group they are going to join, then no-one (outside of the organisers) knows who is in which group until the event starts going.

So, maybe we can put thinking caps on and someone suggest which group to join?

(Previous winning teams were Cancer, Capricorn and Virgo).

regards
Tim
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

UBT - Timbo wrote:The WOW event only relates to the accumulation of SETI@home credits
Hi Tim,

Ah, I didn't realise that. In that case, count me out. I won't crunch for SETI since DA showed how little he listened to crunchers and wanted to run BOINC as a dictatorship.

(I know I crunched for SETI on BU, but that was for a badge :P)

Mark