UK Team Crunch

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
Darren

UK Team Crunch

Post by Darren »

Hi,

Calling any UK BOINC Teams.
We would like to hold a UK Team Crunch.

One project, as many credits as possible in the week?

No plans as to which project or when yet but if you are interested then post here.
This includes BOINC UK who we would welcome taking part.

Darren
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

Posted this on TSBT forum before I read your post. Please keep TE(B) informed, have you tried for any of the Welsh teams?
"aardvark"Quote MC "I'd be up for a crunch so long as it didn't distract too much from our other goals - WCG is beginning to slip away from us again. "

It would be a focus rather than distraction if WCG were proposed as chosen project

WCG certainly has the poorest UK showing on any of the bigger projects.
As already stated it has the challenge function, also produces stats for them which makes a challenge simple to follow and without a GPU application evens things up a bit. Downside although credit is better than it was it is still not great and not sure if a long crunch would be attractive?
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

WCG seems a good first choice as all UK teams could do with the push as there are no UK teams in the top 100!
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

Ice

Post by Ice »

I know that Team England (Boinc) have seen this invite and are taking a look, but I can't speak for them since I haven't been involved in what they're up to for over a year now. I'm just doing my thing, like being in this team right now.  :roll:
Phreddy
BOINC.UK team member

Greetings

Post by Phreddy »

Hi Guys,  Greetings from the Boinc UK team :D

Thought it best to make contact to let you know that the team is interested in the 'UK' megacrunch idea.

We have no real preference as to the project to target, although as commented on the SBT forum would be best to exclude GPU types.

Let us know (in this thread or pm me) your thoughts and possible dates etc.

We (BoinkUK) are looking forward to some collaboration between the UK teams.................

regards
The BoincUK Team
Joshrandom

Re: Greetings

Post by Joshrandom »

Phreddy wrote:Hi Guys,  Greetings from the Boinc UK team :D

Thought it best to make contact to let you know that the team is interested in the 'UK' megacrunch idea.

We have no real preference as to the project to target, although as commented on the SBT forum would be best to exclude GPU types.

Let us know (in this thread or pm me) your thoughts and possible dates etc.

We (BoinkUK) are looking forward to some collaboration between the UK teams.................

regards
The BoincUK Team
Hello Phreddy, and welcome to our forum.  :D

While I'm not really too sure what is happening regarding the planning for the UK Team Crunch (I seem to recall that WCG was the provisional choice of project), it's good to know that the members of Boinc UK are keen to join in.    8)

James.
Phreddy
BOINC.UK team member

Post by Phreddy »

Greetings  :D

just checking in to see if there was any movement regards the mega crunch

Just had a looksee on the SBT forum and nothing mentioned since Feb 25.

Hopefully the proposal hasn't withered and died..................