Win an 8086 CPU - closes at 1AM Saturday UK time.

Having problems installing that new stick of memory? Found some great software or having issues with something? Or maybe want to chat about your PlayStation, X-Box, Nintendo, Sega, even your old Spectrum 48k....! Or maybe something you want to sell or acquire (computing related of course!). Let us know here...
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Win an 8086 CPU - closes at 1AM Saturday UK time.

Post by Woodles »

Alright, it's not a 'classic' 8086 CPU (anyone else still got one in their spares cupboard? :D) but one of the new 8th generation Coffee Lake series.

4GHz stock, 5GHz turbo, 6 cores, 12 threads, 95W TDP, unlocked.

https://game.intel.com/8086sweepstakes/
8,086 available in the sweepstake. Just enter your email address and hit submit.

Mark
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: Win an 8086 CPU - closes at 1AM Saturday UK time.

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi Mark

Entered....doubt I'll win though :-(

I skipped the 8086/8088 generation and went straight for an 80286 and added an 80287 afterwards...

If I win one though, the specs look good, but it won't fit my 80286 motherboard ;-) (or any other mobo I have)....which means I'll have to buy a suitable mobo and a case and all the rest, all over again.

But then that's maybe the trick...they want to promote Optane and get people paying lots of money for the new mobo's that support Optane.

regards
Tim
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

Hi Tim,

Me neither but I have entered with a few email addresses to increase my chances :liar:

Shame you won't be able to use one if you win it, I'm prepared to take it off your hands should you win one? :lol:

Mark
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Woodles wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:24 pm Hi Tim,

Me neither but I have entered with a few email addresses to increase my chances :liar:
Hi Mark

Good thinking.....I just entered a few more myself...I wonder if they will monitor the IP address of each entry ?
Shame you won't be able to use one if you win it, I'm prepared to take it off your hands should you win one? :lol:

Mark
I'm sure I can accomodate such a request, IF I win...

regards
Tim