For Sale: Gigabyte GTX 590 GPU card

Having problems installing that new stick of memory? Found some great software or having issues with something? Or maybe want to chat about your PlayStation, X-Box, Nintendo, Sega, even your old Spectrum 48k....! Or maybe something you want to sell or acquire (computing related of course!). Let us know here...
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

For Sale: Gigabyte GTX 590 GPU card

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all,

I'm having a bit of a consolidation of PC's and I have for sale a used (nicely) Gigabyte GTX590 1.5Gb (which I think is per GPU).

When installed in a PCIe 2.0 x16 slot it will appear as 2x GPU's so it will crunch 2x SETI/Collatz/GPUGrid/Asteroids/MilkyWay etc tasks at once.

It has 3x DVI sockets for monitors and it has been cleaned out of any detritus from the internal "tunnel" that helps cool the heatsinks.

It's in full working order and might be useful to someone here? Hence I'm offering it here first, in case any one fancies adding some GPU grunt to their PC.

It can be a bit of a power hungry beast, needing a good 600W PSU (as it alone can consume upto 350W on it's own, if pushed - but I guess that's when it's running games - on BOINC it never seemed to get overly hot and in fact most of the time I underclocked it, which didn't seem to affect crunching times at all). It uses 2x 8pin PCie connectors from the PSU - most good quality PSU's will provide this, so it should be a problem, as long as the PSU can supply the higher than usual wattage (see above).

It comes from a pet and smoke free home, so if anyone wants to give it a good home, then make me an offer. (ebay selling prices are around the £60-£100 region so somewhere close to that would be nice). Postage & packing would be "at cost" and less than £10 even though it's a heavy card...plus the buyer has the choice of me sending by normal, signed for or special delivery.

If interested, PM me :-)

regards
Tim