Google Chrome Browser

Having problems installing that new stick of memory? Found some great software or having issues with something? Or maybe want to chat about your PlayStation, X-Box, Nintendo, Sega, even your old Spectrum 48k....! Or maybe something you want to sell or acquire (computing related of course!). Let us know here...
Ben

Google Chrome Browser

Post by Ben »

If anyone has got it, what do we all think? Personally i like the browser as it is very quick at loading pages, although i would like to see the home button come back and the ability to search the web rather then history to the right of the address bar like firefox.. But overall great browser!  :D
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Thanks for posting about this new browser, Ben. I won't vote yet, as I've only just d/loaded the browser and need time to get used to it! :D
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

I've found the home page button, Ben! :D

Click on 'customise and control' (the spanner) and click on options. You'll find the 'show home button on the toolbar' box to tick!:lol:
NaRyan

Post by NaRyan »

I likes :)
Nice and fast (faster than Firefox and Opera!), not cluttered with 1001 buttons yay!.

And unlike Internet Explorer (that explodes) when looking at Temujin's Team stats page, or Firefox that lags like heck (due to ps3grid workunit), it loads the page fine and quicker, and that floating bar don't freak out.

It does use more memory than Firefox, but that's due to it's Sandbox stuff. Nowt wrong with a ikkle bit more memory usage if it's more secure :D
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

NaRyan wrote:And unlike Internet Explorer (that explodes) when looking at Temujin's Team stats page, or Firefox that lags like heck (due to ps3grid workunit), it loads the page fine and quicker, and that floating bar don't freak out.
Huh???
wotdayamean :?
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Had to vote 'It's OK....' because for me it seemed very laggy and didn't load any faster than FF. Uninstalled it and gone back to FF. If it was a choice 'tween IE7 and Chrome then Chrome would have won, but I still prefer FF!! :D
UBT - Rick Horn

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

I`m not impressed, uninstalled and gone back to FF.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Rick Horn wrote:I`m not impressed, uninstalled and gone back to FF.
same here Image
NaRyan

Post by NaRyan »

Using Firefox again since I'm testing something in Vista *cry* at the mo (sssshhhh Ben!!!)

The Google Browser is nice, however it really needs a an ad-blocker plugin!
And it installing and running the google update service is a bit daft, plus it don't uninstall that if you uninstall the browser :(

Also Chrome suffers first security flaw, yay google, world domination easy, browser security difficult ;)
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Use it every day, the only bit I hate about it is the pop-ups, no way of telling it that you wish to view pop-ups on a particular site grrrrr
UBT - bobuk
Active UBT Contributor 10+ yrs

Post by UBT - bobuk »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:Use it every day, the only bit I hate about it is the pop-ups, no way of telling it that you wish to view pop-ups on a particular site grrrrr

omg.....welcome back to the team stranger  :wink:

b. :D
UBT - Halifax-lad

Well i was just passing by, so thought i best check in, may decide to start running BOINC again in next couple of weeks, think ive had a long enough break from it
Gary

Post by Gary »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote: may decide to start running BOINC again in next couple of weeks, think ive had a long enough break from it

Be nice if you did it might encourage some more of us slackers.
Depresion

Post by Depresion »

I'm not impressed, I'd forgotton how many stupidly huge adds there are on line (a quick check sugests over 80% of some pages bandwidth is from ads). Back in Opera.
UBT - Halifax-lad

Depresion wrote:I'm not impressed, I'd forgotton how many stupidly huge adds there are on line (a quick check sugests over 80% of some pages bandwidth is from ads). Back in Opera.
I don't see any ads at all, mainly down to the fact I also use OpenDNS
Ben

Post by Ben »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:I don't see any ads at all, mainly down to the fact I also use OpenDNS

Good man, me too! Although they still load their own page saying that this advert has been blocked by open DNS, tell us here if this was a mistake etc etc which still uses bandwidth  :? It would be better if they just left it as a blank white page for adverts.
UBT - Halifax-lad

True although I suppose it uses considerably less bandwidth than loading an actual ad
Ben

Post by Ben »

Yeah, and especially those annoying Flash Adverts. That's where the service is very useful.