Track the Coronavirus Globally

Add links or just chat about things you've found elsewhere on the web...or just add a "plug" for a local event happening near you...!
chriscambridge
Active UBT Contributor 1+ yr

Track the Coronavirus Globally

Post by chriscambridge »

Very useful website from John Hopkins University & Medicine allowing you to Globally track the #coronarvirus including new cases, deaths, and recoveries.

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps ... 7b48e9ecf6

Woodles
UBT Contributor

Re: Track the Coronavirus Globally

Post by Woodles »

Glad to see UK isn't there yet, I think I'll be staying at home for a couple of weeks at least!
chriscambridge

Post by chriscambridge »

It could actually turn out to be really serious Worldwide, they are saying its far worse than SARS, has a 14 day incubation period, and is still contagious even when no symptoms are showing.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi both

It's a huge coincidence that this virus has taken hold just prior to Chinese New Year...and why the authorities have tried to prevent mass movement of people from the area.

Hopefully, there are enough warnings and medical professionals in place to help tackle those infected...but with no known cure or protection available (for now) one is going to have to be on alert for some time, until it can be brought under control.

One hopes the virus can be isolated in the lab and a vaccine is developed.

And maybe they can then identify how this has become so prominent...the original talk was that it started in a market where live animals were sold for food. So, it could be that this virus started in the animal kingdom and mutated to humans.

I guess it also shows how many people are actually travelling from country to country...with cases reported in Finland, Germany, USA, Canada, France and Australia...so this is solely due to infected passengers on planes travelling from place to place.

If they can figure out how the virus is spread (airborne maybe, or by skin-skin contact?) then the planes might need fumigating (unless the virus needs a "host") before they are safe to use.

I sincerely hope that no-one catches this in the UK.

regards
Tim
chriscambridge

Post by chriscambridge »

2 Cases have now been reported in the UK. :(