Horizon tonight.

Add links or just chat about things you've found elsewhere on the web...or just add a "plug" for a local event happening near you...!
Rockinfroggi

Horizon tonight.

Post by Rockinfroggi »

Not sure how in-depth it is but tonights Horizon BBC2 9pm has something to do with Seti for those of you who are avid crunchers.

Sorry, don't know much more as I only saw a short trailer.

Gary.
Joshrandom

Post by Joshrandom »

It looks interesting, though from what I read it will be focusing on the last fifty years of SETI and the search for extrasolar planets, rather than SETI@Home.

Should still be good though... :)
Jeffers
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by Jeffers »

Watched it.....it was OK, but mostly about astronomy rather than Seti as such. I wasn't that impressed, they were messing about with all sorts of camera effects, I suppose to make it look "alien"? More of the usual "dumbed down" stuff we get these days.
UBT - mickyb69

Post by UBT - mickyb69 »

Caught the last 10 mins of the prog , As far as i could make out ,They are going to look for planets that could support life. When they find 1 things might not be so random for us as they are then going to point the radio telescope at it  :o
But the final comment struck me ............. What if we are the most advanced
lifeforms .
:shock:
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

UBT - mickyb69 wrote: But the final comment struck me ............. What if we are the most advanced
lifeforms .
:shock:
God help the universe  :!:
Ben

Post by Ben »

Maybe we could find an excuse to put George Bush on mars then? Only single cell organisms live there.  :lol:
Purplepixii

Post by Purplepixii »

Ben wrote:Maybe we could find an excuse to put George Bush on mars then? Only single cell organisms live there.  :lol:
Oi don't insult single cell organisms!!  :P
Ben

Post by Ben »

...Your right!  :shock: Sorry Martians  :lol:
colinsteadman

Post by colinsteadman »

Damnation, have been playing COD4 and missed it.  Hope my cleaver VM box recorded it for me.
fellie
UBT Contributor

Post by fellie »

colinsteadman wrote:Damnation, have been playing COD4 and missed it.  Hope my cleaver VM box recorded it for me.
Since March 4th  :shock: ..

Have you finished it yet lol  :D