Eye candy....

Add links or just chat about things you've found elsewhere on the web...or just add a "plug" for a local event happening near you...!
Gary

Eye candy....

Post by Gary »

...for us motorists  :lol:

http://www.speedcam.co.uk/gatso2.htm
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Ah - ain't that sweet!

Personally, I always wondered why go to all that trouble!  Wouldn't it be easier just to go up to one and spray some black paint over the glass panel? Or has that all ready tried? Not as obvious that it's knackered I suppose...
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Mikee wrote:Ah - ain't that sweet!

Personally, I always wondered why go to all that trouble!  Wouldn't it be easier just to go up to one and spray some black paint over the glass panel? Or has that all ready tried? Not as obvious that it's knackered I suppose...
Hi Mike,

I would imagine that if there's an increase in "black paint" attacks, that the in-store surveillance camera's (in DIY shops) would soon be called upon to see who is buying black paint...!

Would imagine it's cheaper to find an old tyre and a lighter.....(allegedly).

I'd have thought a nice piece of "cut to size" opaque plastic superglued to the lens cover would work better....

regards,

Tim
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Great site Gary! :lol:

Although how long until Gatso fits heat sensors and onboard fire extinguishers? :roll:
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

I imagine the next step will be to introduce much larger sentences for damaging the things and doing so under one of the road traffiic acts so the penalty can include disq from driving and/or licence points. Also extra camera's to watch the Speed ones and no doubt allowing the Police/Councils to keep some of the fine income. Followed by more camera's to watch the watching ones etc etc.