Team Radio

Add links or just chat about things you've found elsewhere on the web...or just add a "plug" for a local event happening near you...!
UBT - Halifax-lad

Team Radio

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Brought this thread out in to the open for all to see, so please read and then decide to join our team on Last.fm

You get your own online music profile that you can fill up with the music you like. This information is used to create a personal radio station and to find users who are similar to you. Last.fm can even play you new artists and songs you might like. It's addictive, it's growing, it's free, it's music.

Its pretty good really, download a plug in for your media player and it reports back what songs you are listening to, that's the only info it collects what song you are listening to.

you can even join the team site

UK BOINC Team Radio

Only need 11 users now to enable weekly charts and to enable the group radio station, you can also listen to the music whilst on line if you also download there Last.fm radio player, which is part of the sign up process if you so wish

Many thanks to those who have joined already, lets keep the members coming.

The basic free sign up is really good you just have to put up with banner ADS but they aren't an annoyance, or you can also subscribe for so many months at a time, it is really cheap and this gets rid of the ADS and adds a few extras too.

For those of you who want to try out the new BETA release read the post in the quote below, its currently only limited to certain players but it will soon support them all, I have the BETA version and its so much better.
We're about to introduce a new client application for scrobbling which should make the process of downloading, installing and using the correct scrobbler plugin a breeze. At least that's the plan.

The idea is that any Last.fm user should only have to download one piece of software, the Audioscrobbler client. After installation, it will launch a wizard which detects what supported players you have installed and offer to automatically download and install the correct plugins. It will also download and install the upgraded version of the radio player (also in beta test) if you so choose. The process of configuration should be as streamlined as possible and a user should be able to start scrobbling by just hitting Next a few times and accept the defaults.

Once up and running, the Audioscrobbler app will accept submissions from the player plugins and send them on to the server. This way, there will be a standard interface for scrobbling and setting of all user options regardless of the player used. As an added bonus, it will also display album covers, tags and other useful info about the track you're currently playing.

The app comes with an auto-update feature which will download and update new version of plugins, the radio player, and the app itself. This process is fully automated and will not require the user to go to the site, download a new installer etc. Again, it should just be a matter of clicking Next a few times in the wizard.

It also has multi-user support if more than one person is using the same computer to scrobble. Changing user is just a matter of selecting a different one from the drop-down or the menu.

At this time, we're particularly interested in hearing from people running older versions of Windows than XP as this really hasn't been tested yet.

For those plugin writers among you, we're very keen to get you writing plugins for the new Audioscrobbler. If you're maintaining or thinking about writing a plugin for a less well-known player, it is now much easier to write a plugin. We have a small library for interfacing with Audioscrobbler on the client side which essentially only requires you to call a Start, a Pause and a Stop function in response to the player actions and then Audioscrobbler will handle the timing, submission to the server, caching etc.

Many thanks for taking part in the beta test! Please report bugs for both the Audioscrobbler and the new radio player in this forum.

Please note that as of now, this is Windows only and there are so far only plugins for Winamp, Windows Media Player and Foobar2000.

Download installer

also you get neat tags for use in forums etc etc...... see my very bottom one, a team sig becomes available as soon as enough people join the team

PS - This isn't spy-ware and this software is ace, I'm sure the other members will vouch for how ace this is, and it only gets better with your help.

So Join today :!:
Last edited by UBT - Halifax-lad on Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

Come on peeps - sign up :) It's cool!
UBT - Halifax-lad

Yeah come on misery's, get over there and get an account, there's only 5 of us over there and we still need 10 more yet to activate all the features
UBT - BHCJackie

Post by UBT - BHCJackie »

It is really good - all music and no adverts.
There is all types of music there: pop, 80's, 90's, dance, rock, metal, classical, country. You name it it's probably there.
If you don't like a track you can skip it and if you really hate it you can ban it.

So get your account now!!!! :)
UBT - PaulT

Post by UBT - PaulT »

I've just signed up and its great. Something for everyone here and best of all, IT'S FREE 8)
UBT - Halifax-lad

Got 9 now need another 6
UBT - PiezPiedPy

Post by UBT - PiezPiedPy »

Add me , Just 5 more
UBT - Halifax-lad

Yeah 5 more to go we will get there soon hopefully.

I want to recommened users to become a member of BOINC Synergy

Some of there members have been nice enough to come over and join the team radio station, to help us get to that magic number.
UBT - PiezPiedPy

Post by UBT - PiezPiedPy »

allready joined, returning the favour :wink:
UBT - Halifax-lad

NewsFlash

The Team Radio is now active, don't know how that happened, thought we needed 15 members.:occasion5:

So get on over to the team page and click group radio on the left hand side, the Last.fm Radio player will open (if you installed it) and start playing tracks for you based on what we have listened to.

Maybe we only need 15 members to activate the charts, have currently got Korn playing on the team radio, now who listened to that :?:

Edit: Just checked 10 members activates group radio, so now we need 5 more for the charts
UBT - BHCJackie

Ummmmmmm, I'd got the group radio playing last night - should I have said summat?
I knew we needed 15 members for the charts so come on UBT people sign up NOW!
UBT - Halifax-lad

UBT - BHCJackie wrote:Ummmmmmm, I'd got the group radio playing last night - should I have said summat?
I knew we needed 15 members for the charts so come on UBT people sign up NOW!
Tut tut Jackie hidding that vital info from us now get in a corner, put your Dunce hat on and flog yourself :lol:
UBT - BHCJackie

Exsqueeze me but it's your radio station thingy.
now get in a corner, put your Dunce hat on and flog yourself :lol:
{pout} Don't woo wuv me no more :cry:
Actually I prefer it if someone else does the whip wielding :thin:
UBT - Halifax-lad

Hee Hee I can sit on you instead :naka:

Glad the radio station is up and running got something to listen to now based on UBT's/BOINC Synergy's Music Preferences
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

I'm in!

My default player is MusicMatch Jukebox and it's not supported yet :(
So I suppose I'll have to use Windows Media Player (I hate it!).

Not downloading any other players as this machine is getting clunky enuf as it is!

Only 3 more needed for charts upgrade then!
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - Halifax-lad

mikeejones1 wrote:I'm in!

My default player is MusicMatch Jukebox and it's not supported yet :(
If you go to there forums you can check to see if a plug-in is in development and if not request one
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Thanks - found this...

When will there be a plugin for <my player of choice>?

Plugins are written by Audioscrobbler users, you could try asking in the IRC channel or on the mailing list. Most players allow third-party plugins, but some do not. (MusicMatch Jukebox does not.) Ah fffffiddlesticks :(

Image Image

UBT - Halifax-lad

Oh well you can always listen to the radio stations on here, they count as music you have listened to
UBT - Halifax-lad

3 more still needed, get your mates, family and pets signed up :!:  :!:
UBT_Grumpy Old Bloke

Post by UBT_Grumpy Old Bloke »

Not that bothered about streaming radio but just found it supports Slim Server so I'm in.

Thanks for the link David.  :thumbleft:
UBT - Halifax-lad

Glad you have joined
UBT - Halifax-lad

Now at 14 members :D  :D

Need 1 more now for weekly group charts
GaryM

We got our charts!

Post by GaryM »

UBT - Halifax-lad

Bout time :!:

:D They update around every Sunday from now on :D
UBT - Halifax-lad

If anyone is a subscriber there is a new BETA version out for Windows only works with a few media players at the moment. I am using it and its heaps better than the old versions. All works from one program now rather than having to have 2 programs running to use it
Timby

Post by Timby »

Add me, looks great and as said before its FREE
Semmy

Post by Semmy »

Busy tinkering with it now, looks like it could be fun.
UBT - Halifax-lad

Not used it in a while now, will have to get back to using it
UBT - Halifax-lad

UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Seems a long time since this was 'bumped'!

Welcome newest member UBT-Nogbo to the station!

http://www.last.fm/group/UK+BOINC+TEAM/members

Image Image

melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Does last.fm support the VLC mediaplayer?
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Just thought I'd give this a bump. Interesting to see what people have been listening to... I wonder where UBT-Simon's gone and why?  :D

http://www.last.fm/group/UK%2BBOINC%2BTEAM/members

Image Image

Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Mikee wrote:... I wonder where UBT-Simon's gone and why?  :D
Not just UBT-Simon, there's a lot of names on that list I've not seen here for a long while :(
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

I'd forgot all about this! Just signed up and joined the Team group :D
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Been over a year since this got bumped!

http://www.last.fm/group/UK+BOINC+TEAM

New version now.

Image Image