Goofy is now Grid computing ;-)

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Goofy is now Grid computing ;-)

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all

Goofy is now available here:

http://boinc.gridcomputingcenter.org/

The Goofy credits and stats seem to have been moved across...so all you need do is use the above URL (and use the Add project link in BOINC Manager) to re-join your BOINC Client to the project.

There is NCI work available so feel free to re-start crunching Goofy.

regards
Tim
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Re: Goofy is now Grid computing ;-)

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Hi

Seems you have to be a little careful which versions you start. I had 4 different ones and they stopped WCG WUs running. Will try downloaded one version later to see if they can play well together.

Mike
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: Goofy is now Grid computing ;-)

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi Mike

Yup - since I posted the above, I've had some NCI work and I've taken a look at their message board.

It seems that some tasks are marked as NCI, but they might actually cause BOINC Manager to regard them as CPU - which then means they will stop other CPU work taking place.

So, I went to my account of their new website and changed my Preferences to only accept NCI tasks....and when the 4 tasks I received had finished, BOINC Manager "events log" then complained that my PC wasn't set to allow more work !!

I would therefore guess that they are still in the process of configuring things :-(

EDIT: I've now changed my GCC Preferences to accept CPU work and I've re-ticked the boxes for the CPU apps. Once I did that, I got some work...but it's not showing up as using "0.01% CPU" (or similar, such as Goofy used to display). And I have some Cosmology tasks which are not happy with GCC taking some of the processing power :-(

regards
Tim