BOINCstats.com challenges...

This section is where you can post topics related to Challenges from other websites, such as Formula-BOINC, SETI-Germany and BOINCstats, as well as project challenges such as from WCG, PrimeGrid et al.

As a Team, we really want to engage as many team members with these challenges, as this gives us a great way of attracting more members to our Team...plus we get to show our strengths as a Team by (hopefully) doing well in each one.

PS: I have moved lots of topics into this section where they are relevant...as you can see, we've always been happy to take part in Challenges...and long may that continue ;-)
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

BOINCstats.com challenges...

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all,

Just to let you know that I've been in contact with Willy @ BOINCstats.com and for the foreseeable future, UBT will be entered in to any new BOINCstats challenges....

If you want to take part in a challenge, you needn't do ANYTHING to register...

BUT if you want to be involved, then please ensure that you switch your crunching over to the specific project that's involved, and then your credits will indeed count towards our challenge total :)

You can keep track of which challenges are coming up here:

http://boincstats.com/en/stats/challenge/team/overview
Last edited by UBT - Timbo on Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all,

I've set up 4 BOINCstats.com "Challenges", which will be featuring SETI@home, in honour of our 10th Birthday :)

They are as follows:

1st June for 7 days
9th June for 7 days
17th June for 7 days
25th June for 7 days

If you are interested in taking part, all you have to do is to crunch for SETI@home during the above periods(s) - and BOINCstats.com will take care of the actual results.....

Other teams are joining this "Challenge" so I really hope that that UBT wins (or at least finishes near the top....).

regards
Tim
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

So, basically, the whole of June!

Haven't done SETI for ages so I'll be in for it. (So long as someone reminds me!)

Mike
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

hgblade

Post by hgblade »

I'm with Mikee - not done it for months, but as long as there's a prompt near the start then I'm in!
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Mikee wrote:So, basically, the whole of June!

Haven't done SETI for ages so I'll be in for it. (So long as someone reminds me!)

Mike
Hi Mike

I was going to set up 4 Challenges, but with a different "original" project for each one.....such as SETI, CPDN, Rosetta, LHC, etc....and then I thought - it was SETI@home that got this whole "distributed computing thing" started in the first place, so why not celebrate them as well as UBT !!

regards
Tim
UBT - Chris
Active UBT Contributor 5+ yrs

Post by UBT - Chris »

can we set up a "Merry Christmas" BU one??
'UBT - Chris' is my old name - I now crunch as 'CaffeinatedSloth' but I'm still 100% UBT :D
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Chris wrote:can we set up a "Merry Christmas" BU one??
Hi Chris,

I've only just seen your posting :(

I have already set up some "Twelve Days of Christmas" challenges on BOINCstats.com

See here:

http://boincstats.com/en/bam/teamChallenge/inProgress

As for doing a BU challenge, unfortunately, BOINCstats doesn't recognise BU for the challenges, so we can't choose that project :(

regards
Tim
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all,

I'm just posting this as I'd be interested to see if anyone is really that interested in competing on the BOINCstats challenges?

Having got Willy to include our Team automatically in any team challenges, it seems that in many cases, we always come in near to last.

So, I'm just wondering as to whether it is still worthwhile being involved?

Answers on a postcard, ciggie packet or drinks mat to the usual place ;)

regards
Tim
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: BOINCstats.com challenges...

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all

I'm just "bumping" up this thread, to remind members that there are plenty of BOINCstats challenges that are on-going all the time...and we're signed up for all of them.

So, if one of them takes your fancy (and when we are not doing anything on Formula-BOINC), feel free to participate !

The challenge list is here:

regards
Tim