Crikey - I've now hit 2 million (combined total) :-)

Team milestones, Badges from projects, congratulations to members regarding personal achievements (such as User Of The Day project awards, or reaching specific targets). Also topics about GRC (Gridcoin) rewards.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Crikey - I've now hit 2 million (combined total) :-)

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all,

I've just realised I've now broken the 2 million barrier....  :shock:

http://www.ubtstats.co.uk/ubt/ubt_graph ... &username=

And hopefully my new i7 mainboard will be commissioned soon - I've now ditched the Radeon graphics card that was due to go into it, in favour of an Nvidia one.....ok, so it's only a GTX 580, (as I can't afford a 600 or 700 series version - unless someone wants to donate one or sell me one cheap - it will be going to a good home, plus I could do with some extra heating in this place !!)

But it should mean I can run a few CUDA based projects and hopefully generate a few more credits.....

regards
Tim

Edit: Have now changed my stats sig to one that works !!
Last edited by UBT - Timbo on Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zydor

Post by Zydor »

I suspect you have a large number of small "accounts" or Projects that have retired and stopped - the large figure bottom right is where they are lurking.

Usually, those show up better in the BOINCStats listings for Users - might be worth a ferret there if still curious.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Zydor wrote:I suspect you have a large number of small "accounts" or Projects that have retired and stopped - the large figure bottom right is where they are lurking.

Usually, those show up better in the BOINCStats listings for Users - might be worth a ferret there if still curious.
Hi Zydor,

I have joined lots of small projects, if only to get the team started on them - and I've checked BOINCstats as well as Temujins stats and they all correlate with the 2 million total...

http://boincstats.com/en/stats/-1/user/detail/44617

so I think it's our UBT stats info that's in error....I did ping Darren a PM a while ago, but I've not heard back from him....:-(

regards

Tim
Jeffers
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by Jeffers »

Well done!

I've only got a GTX460 in my machine, but it seems to generate quite a few credits worth of GPU crunching, so you should do well with your set-up.

BTW, I've noticed that there're approximately 3 million credits difference between my sig numbers and Temujin's stats page, with the signature figure lower. Perhaps I need to change that too?
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Jeffers wrote:Well done!

I've only got a GTX460 in my machine, but it seems to generate quite a few credits worth of GPU crunching, so you should do well with your set-up.

BTW, I've noticed that there're approximately 3 million credits difference between my sig numbers and Temujin's stats page, with the signature figure lower. Perhaps I need to change that too?
Thanks Jeffers... :-)

Both BOINCstats and allprojects offer free signatures for your stats...so, feel free to experiment with them - the BOINCstats one is quite long as you can see....I'm not sure if it can be configured to maybe just show recent stats or not....and likewise with the allprojects sig.

EDIT: In fact the allprojects site DOES allow some degree of customisation....as shown below :-)

regards

Tim
Jeffers

Post by Jeffers »

I have noticed that the time-stamp on the sig seems to be stuck at 16:00 on June 12th? I'll look into it....
UBT - Rick Horn

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

Nice going Tim. Keep up the good work!
Jeffers

Post by Jeffers »

Got an All projects sig going, and that one agrees with Temujin's page. Just need to work out how to tweak it a bit now....
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Jeffers wrote:I have noticed that the time-stamp on the sig seems to be stuck at 16:00 on June 12th? I'll look into it....
Hi Jeff

The time stamp is (I think) when the UBT sig stats "broke"....so, there's not a lot you can do about it, methinks.

Hopefully Darren will sort it or it could be shut down, if it can't be made to work.

regards
Tim