I'm Back to Active Crunching - well sort of :)

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
Zydor

I'm Back to Active Crunching - well sort of :)

Post by Zydor »

*Peaks round the corner*

Back to active crunching again - but well reduced compared to days of old. I have been through the whole transition from Full to Part Time work to the Retired  thing, and have now joined the 'Ol Fogies  .....

My (truly) wonderful wife is still a Horse Riding Nut, but that means blissful peace for 4 to 6 hours a day, seven days a week, when she is off gallivanting with the smelly nags. Joy of Joys ..... that also means the whole day on some weekends when she is at local competitions from time to time, and I can just quietly chill out and play with my Toys :)

It'll work out to running one machine (1x3960X CPU & 2x7970 GPUs) for around 12-18 hours a day depending on the wind direction, what side of the bed I got out of, and the Cosmic Gods. The output will be no where near days of old, but it should run to between 200K and 700K a day, depending on how idle I am feeling rofl :)

May The Gods smile on you all....

Regards
Zy
UBT - Rick Horn

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

It`s great to see you online and crunching again Zy.
Welcome back!  :D

Rick.
hgblade

Post by hgblade »

Welcome back, Zydor. Good to see you around again!
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: I'm Back to Active Crunching - well sort of :)

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Zydor wrote:*Peaks round the corner*

Back to active crunching again - but well reduced compared to days of old. I have been through the whole transition from Full to Part Time work to the Retired  thing, and have now joined the 'Ol Fogies  .....
Good to see you on the forum Zy :-)
Zydor wrote:My (truly) wonderful wife is still a Horse Riding Nut, but that means blissful peace for 4 to 6 hours a day, seven days a week, when she is off gallivanting with the smelly nags. Joy of Joys ..... that also means the whole day on some weekends when she is at local competitions from time to time, and I can just quietly chill out and play with my Toys :)

It'll work out to running one machine (1x3960X CPU & 2x7970 GPUs) for around 12-18 hours a day depending on the wind direction, what side of the bed I got out of, and the Cosmic Gods. The output will be no where near days of old, but it should run to between 200K and 700K a day, depending on how idle I am feeling rofl :)

May The Gods smile on you all....

Regards
Zy
That's one hell of a CPU to have at ones disposal  8) and ditto the GPU's...just hope the Govt Heating allowance is enough to keep you crunching (as I doubt you'll need any central heating in the winter with that rig !!).

regards
Tim