Pre mega stats update

Team milestones, Badges from projects, congratulations to members regarding personal achievements (such as User Of The Day project awards, or reaching specific targets). Also topics about GRC (Gridcoin) rewards.
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Pre mega stats update

Post by UBT - Mikee »

(Nothing to see here yet - move along!) :-)

It's been many, many months since I did a 'How We're Doing' report. So there's a huge update coming!

It's going to be in phpBB format. Why - You may ask and not all fancy? Couple of reasons.

Could have done a Powerpoint presentation, but not everyone would have the software to decode.

Could have done a web site - but I'd have put loads of graphs up and some members may only have a basic connection and it would have taken ages to download.

But mainly it's a lot easier to do this way than trying to set formats and make everything look pretty!

So a KISS approach will be taken.

But you need info!

I've got project data from September 2007, though I do have some stats from as far back as September 2006, so historically that's as far back as I can go
for this update. It's just total project credit data - not individual stats, but it should suffice.

It will be broken up into several bite size sections just using the basic phpBB functions. There will be graphs (wouldn't be the same without them!)

Sections are (subject to change)...

1 - Mission statement. Just a reminder about what we're doing and  why. It'll be a direct copy from the Web site but not everyone has read it recently.

2 - Brief synopsis. Just a overview on how we're doing.

3 - Nut & bolts. This will cover every current project. Where we were, where we are now, acceleration etc. This will be the hard bit! Just trying to decide what to put in or leave out will be difficult!
       Projects which are retired, on hold or just not doing anything will be just for info at the bottom.

4 - Comparison stats - May get cut cos I don't know what it means but it sounded good when I was writing it!

5 - Other stats, including FormulaBOINC.

6 - Crunches, missions and challenges.

7 - Kudos Stats - This could be tricky as well. I just know I'm going to miss someone out who has done something outstanding for the team.  (Don't worry Gary - You'll get a mention!)

8 - Conclusions. What we've done well in, done poorly in, which projects need attention and general something or other!

Is there anything anyone would particularly like to know or will this just about cover things?
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

Sounds pretty comprehensive to me and a lot of work for you.

I wouldn't have a clue where to start but hopefully there are a couple of team members who understand what you are doing and can maybe give you a hand by collecting some of the data?

Gary.
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

I've started!

Just got up to 'I' in the nuts and bolts only. Halifax--lad did an update a couple of years ago so I'm using that as a reference. Can't believe how many new projects have started up since then!

Project completion estimate is sometime next week! It'll take that long as there's so much to update. The Kudos section is going to take a while as well.

Yeah - I'm a part timer but there's no rush - it's been over two years so I'm sure a few more days won't matter!  :D

June 6th...
Sections 1 and 3 done.
Section 2 completed - sort of!
Section 4 - deleted.
June 7th...
Section 5 - done.
Section 6 - done - can't wait for a reaction to this!

June 9th - all done bar checking
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image