Founder change request FRAUD

A place to discuss how to set up BOINC Manager and how to get the best results from your connected hardware
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Founder change request FRAUD

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all,

For most BOINC projects, I am the "founder" and hence any change request coming to me is dealt with.

It appears someone on the PS3grid project has set up a username called "UBT - Timbo" and has then actioned a "founder change request"....and in doing so, may have taken over our PS3grid team.....!!

As such, if you are the founder of one (or more) of the BOINC projects for our Team, do not under any circumstances agree to a founder change, unless you have spoken to me first, by direct email or PM on the forum.....

I'm in contact with the admins at ps3grid and we'll see what happens to our team...hopefully, it can be restored as it was.....

And hopefully, they have a record of the email addy of whoever made the change request....

regards

Tim
Last edited by UBT - Timbo on Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
UBT - Rick Horn

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

The loss of our PS3 Grid credits has resulted in our world ranking to drop from 24th. to 26th!

http://boincstats.com/stats/boinc_team_ ... pr=bo&st=0
megacruncher
The Scottish BOINC Team member

Post by megacruncher »

Hi,
First off my condolences for your troubles & welcome to those of you boarding with TSBT for the time being.

But to get to the point: Are you all utterly content that sigma-7 is real & no more than an innocent bystander in the recent events?  I came late to this drama having weekended in one of the remoter bits of the Lake District. I was horrified on  my return to see that your PS3 founder had been usurped & your PS3 team basically destroyed. I was then alarmed to see that your new team founder seemed to have changed names again - to sigma-7 - and to have joined TSBT. I put a post on the PS3 forum and contacted our founder who has kicked him off the team.

However having now had a chance to read the full detail of the various threads it seems that maybe I was a bit hasty (in my defence, arguably one can not be too cautious at times like this). Is it the case that sigma-7 was given the foundership unsolicited by this unknown big boy in the course of his running away from the crime scene? If so I apologise unreservably & publically to him.  But first I'd like reassured that he is the real deal! :?
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

megacruncher wrote:But to get to the point: Are you all utterly content that sigma-7 is real & no more than an innocent bystander in the recent events?
Hi Megacruncher
I can understand your concern but I can assure you that sigma-7 (ps3grid user 5551) is 100% NOT the same person that hijacked the team.
That lowlife is now calling himself xblade
Is it the case that sigma-7 was given the foundership unsolicited by this unknown big boy in the course of his running away from the crime scene?
Not being a team founder myself I can't say for certain but I would guess a founder has the ability to transfer ownership and would suggest either that happened or sigma-7 "inherited" ownership by being the last member when xblade left.

John
megacruncher
The Scottish BOINC Team member

Post by megacruncher »

Thanks,

The reply to my post on the  PS3Grid forum had already convinced me that Sigma-7 was indeed merely the individual handed the sh*tty stick by the real villan.

No doubt as soon as the scumbag had done his worst he covered his tracks by transferring foundership.

So I apologise again to Sigma-7 for any damage to his feelings or reputation.
sigma-7

Post by sigma-7 »

megacruncher wrote: So I apologise again to Sigma-7 for any damage to his feelings or reputation.
Damage to my reputation and feelings intact :D

Can the leader [UBT Timbo] pm me with founder request i gotta get this knife out my back :D
UBT - Terry
Active UBT Contributor

Post by UBT - Terry »

Has this there for been sorted and all back to normal??? :twisted:  :twisted:
Does anyone know the scum bags IP addy?
Time for a doss attack :twisted:  :twisted:
UBT - Rick Horn

UBT - Terry wrote:Has this there for been sorted and all back to normal??? :twisted:  :twisted:
Does anyone know the scum bags IP addy?
Time for a doss attack :twisted:  :twisted:
Yes, we got our PS3Grid credits back and are back up to 24th. in the world rankings, but I don`t know any more than that.
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

WOW Drama in the forum at last, was this just a pilot show or will you be running it as a series? if so, I'll be sitting here in my pj's with my Horlicks.

The Frog.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Rockinfroggi wrote:WOW Drama in the forum at last, was this just a pilot show or will you be running it as a series? if so, I'll be sitting here in my pj's with my Horlicks.

The Frog.
Hi Froggi,

Nice to hear from you...it's been a while - hope things are going well....!!

This PS3grid issue was just like a good "Play for Today" - a one-off roller coaster ride, with a slightly unexpected happy ending and where both the main cast as well as supporting players all played their part very well.

Sadly, the main protaganist in this mini-epic, will have badly affected their stage career, by leaving a long trail of tell-tale "markers", which have identified them to the various admins.... !!!

We shall see if they ever find work again....!!

regards

Tim
UBT - Rick Horn

Do you have xblade`s IP address by any chance Tim?
I could circulate it on The Boinc Bar to prevent other teams being prey to this nasty individual.
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

When I built my second PC a month or so ago I needed a name for it. The first thing that came into my head was the name on the front of the case.

Bad choice - as it says 'XBlade'.Image

Just waiting for the rozzers to come. It ain't me guv!Image
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

UBT - Timbo wrote: Hi Froggi,

Nice to hear from you...it's been a while - hope things are going well....!!

This PS3grid issue was just like a good "Play for Today" - a one-off roller coaster ride, with a slightly unexpected happy ending and where both the main cast as well as supporting players all played their part very well.

Sadly, the main protaganist in this mini-epic, will have badly affected their stage career, by leaving a long trail of tell-tale "markers", which have identified them to the various admins.... !!!

We shall see if they ever find work again....!!

regards

Tim
Hi Tim
       Things are going very well here at the moment, hope all is well your end too.
Well done to all those involved in the one off drama, it gave me a warm feeling in me cockles to see a happy ending. As for the villain, may his dangley bit wither rot and drop off.

Please give advanced warning if you plan anything similar again as I will be sure to tune in.

Couch Potato.  
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Rick Horn wrote:Do you have xblade`s IP address by any chance Tim?
I could circulate it on The Boinc Bar to prevent other teams being prey to this nasty individual.
Hi Rick,

I don't know his IP....but Temujin did locate his CPID....and from a BOINC CPID side of things (apart from the fact that to generate a CPID, you need an email addy), means that if they want to, the "powers that be" could act....

If "he/she" registered on the forum and we found out it was them, then of course other info would be known by Darren and I.

Whether they would ever dare to visit our forum, register and then admit to their "fraud" remains to be seen.

regards

Tim
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Any team founders look out for possible team hijacking again! If you're a team founder or even if you're not and you suspect something post here.

KWSN seem to have a problem.

http://www.kwsnforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=13170
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - Rick Horn

UBT - Mikee wrote:Any team founders look out for possible team hijacking again! If you're a team founder or even if you're not and you suspect something post here.
Well spotted Mikee.

We are going to get problems like this until all our projects are under one "management".

I think UBT-Halifax--lad has foundership of a few projects, and he is rarely online. Ram Raider has Aqua, and I`m sure there must be more.
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Reading the KWSN thread it seems we need to get a list of the projects not currently 'owned' by the Gaffer and let him make a founder change request to all of them. Also, at the same time, sending an email to the original founder to assure them it is not a hijack attempt! :D