Woo

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Seti-Cruncher wrote:It's great to see the team now has a "proper" forum. I really hated that Yahoo thing.

To Neil:

The plan was that at some stage, something like this was going to happen.

But I did have some initial "security" reservations about forum software and secondly, I wasn't sure whether anyone "out there" was interested.

And to be honest, it's probably only in the last say 3-6 months, that as the team has "grown", so there is now a significant "momentum" growing and that has generated a goodly number of people who have joined the team and who are now helping me out, to make this a "better place" for the team members.

As such, the Yahoo things was really a "stepping stone" to test the water.

And I was literally "gob-smacked" that quite a few Team members joined the Yahoo forum so quickly at which point it became apparent to me that the Team had to build on this.....!

Hence why we're here now....!

I am hopeful that the overall "team ethos" that also seems to be evolving is a good one and that with now over 420+ members in the Team, our ability to help others will continue and we might look back in a year or so's time and think....WOW !!

I just hope that we can live up to peoples expectations - we certainly won't fail for lack of trying...!

And in the little Outlook "inbox" I have, there are quite a few suggestions and ideas that have come my way, which I am sure that some members will be very excited by.

And now we have a "soapbox" on which to announce some of these forthcoming "team activities" (the 2nd Crunch being the latest), then I think we have a very rosy future ahead of us.

regards,

Tim
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

UBT - Timbo wrote:But I did have some initial "security" reservations about forum software
I wouldn't worry about that one plenty of Mods to help security and to beat spammers, of which the best ones are already installed.

New additions are made all the time so if ever we needed to put something new in there is always an option

Just need to back sure the DB is backed up regularly
Darren

Post by Darren »

And that the backup is working!!
Found out this morning that the one I had not worked properly.

Anyway backed up 3 times a day for now!
UBT - GysmoSan

Post by UBT - GysmoSan »

Hehe, doesnt hurt to make sure :-))

Martin