Woo

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
UBT - Simon

Woo

Post by UBT - Simon »

Looks good Darren :-)

Simon
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Bugger you beat me to it, love the coolblue option I am using

Re: Woo

Post by Guest »

I'll second that

Re: Woo

Post by Guest »

damn, ya gotta be quick around here :D
Darren

Post by Darren »

So, what have I missed when signing up.
or did it seem the same as all of the other phpbb sites?

What other stuff do you want?
UBT - Halifax-lad

Dazza wrote:So, what have I missed when signing up.
or did it seem the same as all of the other phpbb sites?

What other stuff do you want?
Ok I want post rankings so for x amount of posts ou are classed as something, thats just for starters will let you know the rest soon :lol: :lol:
UBT - Simon

Post by UBT - Simon »

I can give you a hand if you want Darren. I've had experience setting up forums myself. Two hands make the work go twice as fast :) also might be useful to set a few moderators for when the forum gets going.

simon

Post by Guest »

Err....
Its not letting me login :?:
I've registered as UBT - AJS and its not accepting my password
???
UBT - Simon

Post by UBT - Simon »

have you received a email asking you to confirm that you is you and not some spam bot using your email yet?
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Simon wrote:have you received a email asking you to confirm that you is you and not some spam bot using your email yet?
DOH!!
:oops:
UBT - Simon

Post by UBT - Simon »

it's an annoying feature but sometimes the email can take a while to get to you. I've seen it take a couple of hours, if it seems to take too long I believe there is a link to have it resent. Until you've received and authorised it you can't log in :-(
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Simon wrote:it's an annoying feature but sometimes the email can take a while to get to you. I've seen it take a couple of hours, if it seems to take too long I believe there is a link to have it resent. Until you've received and authorised it you can't log in :-(
Yep, got it and it's working now
UBT - GysmoSan

Post by UBT - GysmoSan »

Yay, And I'm in too :-))) now to get my Signature working...

Martin
UBT - Halifax-lad

UBT - GysmoSan wrote:Yay, And I'm in too :-))) now to get my Signature working...
Use it like this

Code: Select all

http://www.boincstats.com/signature/team_214.gif

Code: Select all

[img]http://www.boincstats.com/signature/user_399931.gif[/img]
Edit I see you have done it whilst I was posting
UBT - GysmoSan

Post by UBT - GysmoSan »

Hehe, yeah, just playing with it to get the best layout now ;pp Ta for posting though :-)

Martin
UBT_Grumpy Old Bloke

Post by UBT_Grumpy Old Bloke »

Evening all!

Nice work Darren. :)
Seti-Cruncher

Post by Seti-Cruncher »

It's great to see the team now has a "proper" forum. I really hated that Yahoo thing.

Thanks and well done Darren. :D
UBT - Halifax-lad

Seti-Cruncher wrote:It's great to see the team now has a "proper" forum. I really hated that Yahoo thing.

Thanks and well done Darren. :D
Here here :lol:
Mark L.

Post by Mark L. »

I dunno..

I'm away for 2 days and you move house! :?

Great job Darren. :D

Mark L.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

To Mark - L

Damn! - We thought that while you were away, that you wouldn't notice that we'd moved....!

So, you get the first 100 brownie points for figuring out that we'd set this thing up...!

Anyways, glad you're here now !!

regards,

Tim
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Seti-Cruncher wrote:It's great to see the team now has a "proper" forum. I really hated that Yahoo thing.

To Neil:

The plan was that at some stage, something like this was going to happen.

But I did have some initial "security" reservations about forum software and secondly, I wasn't sure whether anyone "out there" was interested.

And to be honest, it's probably only in the last say 3-6 months, that as the team has "grown", so there is now a significant "momentum" growing and that has generated a goodly number of people who have joined the team and who are now helping me out, to make this a "better place" for the team members.

As such, the Yahoo things was really a "stepping stone" to test the water.

And I was literally "gob-smacked" that quite a few Team members joined the Yahoo forum so quickly at which point it became apparent to me that the Team had to build on this.....!

Hence why we're here now....!

I am hopeful that the overall "team ethos" that also seems to be evolving is a good one and that with now over 420+ members in the Team, our ability to help others will continue and we might look back in a year or so's time and think....WOW !!

I just hope that we can live up to peoples expectations - we certainly won't fail for lack of trying...!

And in the little Outlook "inbox" I have, there are quite a few suggestions and ideas that have come my way, which I am sure that some members will be very excited by.

And now we have a "soapbox" on which to announce some of these forthcoming "team activities" (the 2nd Crunch being the latest), then I think we have a very rosy future ahead of us.

regards,

Tim
UBT - Halifax-lad

UBT - Timbo wrote:But I did have some initial "security" reservations about forum software
I wouldn't worry about that one plenty of Mods to help security and to beat spammers, of which the best ones are already installed.

New additions are made all the time so if ever we needed to put something new in there is always an option

Just need to back sure the DB is backed up regularly
Darren

Post by Darren »

And that the backup is working!!
Found out this morning that the one I had not worked properly.

Anyway backed up 3 times a day for now!
UBT - GysmoSan

Post by UBT - GysmoSan »

Hehe, doesnt hurt to make sure :-))

Martin